Sunday, September 4, 2011

can i borrow those shoes for a minute?

So I've been thinking about the lyrics to the old Elvis song "Walk a Mile In My Shoes" a lot lately, its something we should all do more of.

Walk a mile in my shoes
just walk a mile in my shoes
Before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Then walk a mile in my shoes



We should all think about our actions more often. What we say and do to people has an effect on them whether we think it does or not. Ill be the first to admit that I have said some of the meanest things to people when I've been mad or upset. After I have calmed down I always have a major feeling of guilt. OMG....did I really just say that?? As usual, yes, I did. I should really think before I open my mouth, especially if i'm upset.

I have also been on the other side of this fence...we all have. I've been the person that everybody picks on and let me tell you, its not fun. There is nothing worse than being the one that everybody makes fun of. Its something that can stick with you, and can have major effects on us.

Its just something to think about, something that's been on my mind lately. We should all think before we speak, especially in the heat of the moment. Take a minute and think how what you are about to say might make the other person feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment