Monday, February 14, 2011

Ode to Reba...



Who doesnt love Reba? I mean really. ITS REBA. I have been a huge Reba fan my whole life. I remember when I was little me and Stacey (my cousin and yet another Reba fanatic) would lay in the floor of her living room and watch the VHS tapes that we had of the making of all of her videos. My favorite one to watch was the tape that showed the making of "Does He Love You" and "Fancy". Those are still 2 of my favorite songs ever!!!

Reba is such a rounded person. Not only does she have an awesome singing career (ive seen her 3 or 4 times now...and shes still dancing all over the stage), she also acts and has her own clothing line ( i think she is putting out another line soon...maybe kitchen? linens?? idk...), shes also a big supporter of Habitat for Humanity. And incase you didnt know she was in the made for TV movie on NBC called "Is There Life Out There". Her video for this song comes from the movie.

I really miss her big hair...it was just so massive. i love it!! I actually have a wooden wall clock with this pic on it. It says Reba down the side of the pic and is trimmed in gold and glossy. Its extremly tacky but i love it.


I dont care what kind of day your having, Reba has a song for you. Whether youve lost a loved one (Moving Oleta, The Greatest Man I Never Knew, If You See Him) or have been done wrong (Maggie Creek Road, The Night the Lights Went Out in GA,  Does He Love You, Whoever's in New England) Lonley or Unhappy (Somebody, Little Rock, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Is There Life Out There, Once Youve Learned To Be Lonely, The Fear of Being Alone, The Heart Wont Lie) or just want a song that you can sing your heart out to on your way down the road (I Want a Cowboy, Ill Have What Shes Having, Ill Be, Im Gonna Take That Mountain, Pink Guitar)

So heres to you Reba. Knower of all my moods! I salute you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment